Monday, May 23, 2005

To Blog or Not To Blog

Am i a true blogger? I don't really know... Sometimes i look around at other people's blogs(once in a while. i hardly blog surf, and know little of the Singapore blogging community), and they(if they update) have themselves an audience. Me? I seem to have an audience which i can count on one hand. I had one good post... which got me tomorrowed, then... BAM, that's it. One spike in readership, then back to almost nobody again. Few people stay. I wonder why. My friend, who just got her blog featured in the STRAITS TIMES for goodness sake(CONGRATZ!!!!) has a continuously growing audience.

And the audience is what keeps a blog going. For myself, anyway. Because if i didn't want anybody to read my blog, why would i post it online? Might as well store it away in my computer and save me the trouble. Having people actually interested in what you have to say... that's a big ego boost. Getting comments, and hits... it feels great.

Which brings me back to why i keep blogging, then stop, then blog, then stop. Because with few people reading, sometimes its difficult to keep updating. What sometimes... all the time.

I guess i'm just jealous. I would love to have a huge audience. I would love to have more people read my blog. But hey... i get what i deserve. I'm just way too lazy. If i don't visit other people's blogs, who's going to visit mine? If i don't leave comments elsewhere, who's going to leave comments here?

Ah, well. Whatever it is, i know i'll always have a few readers who actually want to read my blog. And that's good enough for me, for i know they are genuinely interested in what i have to say.

Won't get no endorsements, though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you man. I totally do.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Black Jack said...

I still read what.... wah lau.... haha i have no other topic to poke fun at... u can think of anything or not??

11:24 PM  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

ohh,...i just stumbled across your blog :)

Well, at least you have been 'Tomorrowed' before...That says something. I wrote so many articles and have never been 'Tomorrowed' even ONCE! :)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home