Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Oscars? Nah, Natalie Portman!!!

I was one of the lucky ones to be able to catch the Oscars Live yesterday morning. Chris Rock was a great presenter, making me laugh all the way through. One of my favourite parts, though, was when he asked people on the street for their opinion on movies. And that made the most sense. See, he asked them if they've watched the Oscar nominated movies, which are :

Finding Neverland
The Aviator
Million Dollar Baby
Ray
Sideways

Most of them never watched the film, and instead loved other movies, like White Chicks. And honestly, they have a point! From the above mentioned films, the only one i've watched is Finding Neverland. While I enjoyed the move and all, it isn't really one to remember. And i don't really plan on watching the rest of them. Ask me what was my movie of 2004, and i'd say Dodgeball!!!! Now THAT was a great movie to remember! White Chicks was very funny. I loved Starsky and Hutch, and The Butterfly Effect rocked my world. This year? Spider Man 2 was the best. You know, the oscars don't matter. What matter is what earns money. And the above mentioned movies were all top earnings, matching if not surpassing the oscar nominated movies. it doesn't matter if your earn an oscar or not. I don't really care. But you know what's good about the oscars? The Red Carpet. Natalie Portman, to be precise. Ah...

>




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oooohhhh.. Natalie. Nice.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home