Monday, August 25, 2003

Ok. The school is suppossed to call me by today to tell me what they're going to do to with me. I have 3 options. Either they assign me another company, and i extend my attachment by as much as necessary. Or, i defer my attachment until next may, and graduate one year later. Or, i go back to the company and work. Of course, i'm hoping for the best option, being i get assigned to another company. But now, after last friday, i am confident that even if i were to be assigned to the same company, i will go back and do it. Because right now, it doesn't matter what the outcome is. I'm leaving it up to God, and i believe whatever outcome it will be it will be what God wants. So be it.

Now, after a few days without ranting, i'm in the mood to rant again!

If you flip to the Asia section of the Straights Times today, you will notice a quote on the top from Mahathier. He says, "Terminator this, terminator that, shootings, killings, isn't there any other kind of film?". Obviously he hasn't seen a walk to remember. But anyway, thats not my point. Just for the record, i totally agree with him that there are too many violent shows nowadays. However, when i read the whole article of what he said, he is blaming violent films for the increase of crime rate in Malaysia. Thats where i disagree. I mean, Malaysia is already banning almost everything under the sun. They banned tamil movies, for goodness sake, saying that they're a bad influence. But look at their country. The more stuff they ban, the more easily you can find it illegally. It dosen't make sense to ban everything. Your people will just go and get it illegally. Its better to control it, as compared to banning it all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home