Friday, August 22, 2003

I have been reading the bible and i have some things to share. Throughout the past few days, i have not been reading the bible, and i have not been praying. This is because i was feeling to angry and too pray and to read. And i realise that is probably why i was so angry. Without God, i just lost it. With no direction, i did what i felt like, not what God wanted me to do. So today i have a few texts to share.

If you have read Faith's blog, you would have noticed a few texts. One of them being that enough is enough. I have a skill, and i know how good I am. But, if the boss i'm working for dosen't appreciate it, no point for me to continue to take it. I might as well take my skill to someone else who may be able to appreciate it.

However, after reading that, i came across another text. Suffering builds character. Now we all have heard this before, and usually we are skeptical about it. However, what it says is very true. And the hope that we gain from suffering does not dissapoint us, because God loves us.

I believe you have heard of Jars of Clay. Well the text that they get their name from is very beautiful. Even though we suffer, we will not lose hope. The text says it better than i ever can. Even though i am suffering, i will not be broken, though i am persecuted, struck down, i will not be destroyed. Becuase i carry around with me the death of Jesus Christ, who has suffered uneccesarrily, more than most of us ever will. All for us. So with this hope, i can and i will face any tough descisions, sufferings, unhappiness that i should come across.

God knows how much i can take, and he will not give me something i cannot handle. So with this assurance i can go ahead and continue my attachment.

However, we are called to be shrewd, because we are like sheep among wolves.

So my conclusion after a thorough bible study, is this. I am called to suffer for Christ, but i need to know when it is necessary to do so. I need to be smart, not just take in everything. I need to know when to draw the line, and when to just take it. It will not be possible to go through the world without suffering. But sometimes enough is enough. I don't have the answer, but i know God is letting my Mom go all the way up to the director for a reason. And it may very well be that it is time to be shrewd as snakes. So i'm going to let go, and let God take control from here onwards. And pray before i make any more decisions. And one thing that will definitely come out of this is : I will learn to trust God more and pray more. So thats it, and i hope i haven't been too preachy:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home