Thursday, August 21, 2003

Yesterday was the last straw. I managed to finish a program, deadline at 3pm, at 11am. He gave me more work to do, which i did until about 1:30. My official lunch break is 12 noon. After lunch, he gave me more work to do, which I completed by 4. For a short while, he had nothing left for me to do. So basically, i finished almost everything that i was supossed to do that day itself by 4, 2 and a half hours before the deadline. It was obvious that he didn't expect me to finish so soon. And what was my reward? To install software at his company until 9:30pm. 9:30. If it was to program something that had a deadline the next day, I wouldn't mind. But i was installing windows 2000 server and re-formatting the computer. Halfway, i had a problem with the installation. I asked him, saying that i have never installed windows 2000 server before, and he told me "Have you ever had kids before? Do you want me to teach you how to have kids?" Then he went to configure the IP with the company's IP. HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSSED TO KNOW THAT I WAS SUPPOSSED TO CONFIGURE THE COMPANY IP???? I don't even KNOW the company ip in the first place! And when it still didn't work, he told me to re-boot the PC and try again. And after trying out some stuff, i finally got it to work. Then i proceeded to install SQL server. by then it was about 8:30. He left the company, and told me that i could go after i finished installing SQL server and another employee helped me to configure the internet. No "Thanks for staying back!" No "I appreciate you doing this even though you are an attachment student". Just a short scolding, then telling me when i can go back. By 9:30 the software hadn't finished installing yet, so the other employee said to let it install overnight then come back the next day. But I say thats it.

I'm not at work today. Yesterday i called up my Liason Office to tell her i'm going to quit. She said a whole bunch about how life is not like this, i should have a better attitude, etc etc. She knows how he's like, and said that previous students have stayed and scored well and learnt a lot. Well, i'm not one of the previous students. And i'm not going to stay. So today i'm going to school to meet with her and my Course Coordinator. They're going to call him and try to get him to change his attitude towards attachment students. If he does agree to change, then i'll consider going back. But if he dosen't, i would rather quit and repeat my attachment in another company. I will not stay. I will not return to that company just to get his abuse, stay late, and not being appreciated if i stayed late. I am an attachment student. I am not required to do SO MUCH for SO LITTLE and a stupid grade. I will quit. If he promises to change, than i'll go back. But if he starts screaming at me again, i'll just grab my bag and walk out of the company and not turn back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home