Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I just found out something about my dad. He's from Saint Andrews Secondary. But that's not all. He was part of the school championship winning rugby squad. I suddenly have a LOT of respect for me dad. Because he's VERY skinny, fit, full of stamina, and now has played, and won, in Rugby. I love me dad.

Men are doomed. A man predicts the male sex will be extinct in 125,000 years. To quote the man,

The professor of human genetics at Oxford University said in his book that the Y chromosome "is a genetic ruin, littered with molecular wreckage ... a graveyard of rotting genes. It is a dying chromosome and one day, it will become extinct".

"Originally, the Y chromosome was a perfectly respectable chromosome with a collection of genes doing all sorts of useful things — much like the X chromosome today

But its fate was sealed when it took on the mantle of creating males. This probably happened in the early ancestors of mammals, perhaps 100 million years ago, when a mutation of the ancestor of the Y chromosome suddenly, and quite by chance, enabled it to switch on the embryonic pathway to male development"

Dear me, dear me. We males are a graveyard of rotting genes.

"Men could be rescued with 'Massive Intervention'", Prof Skyes said, but it would be quite possible to survive without them.

A world without men. Full of women. Scary, don't you think? I think the traffic will be horrendous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home