Monday, October 13, 2003

Hear ye, Hear ye! Mr Brown has updated his site! His usualy Singapore Nation Education column, plus a contribution on What If LOTR was written by other authors?

Authors include Mark Twain, Dr Zeus, John Milton, CNN, Tom Clancy, etc etc. Here are a few excerpts :

LOTR by Dr Seuss
"Gandalf, Gandalf! Take the ring!

I am too small to carry this thing!"

"I can not, will not hold the One.

You have a slim chance, but I have none.

I will not take it on a boat,

I will not take it across a moat.

I cannot take it under Moria,

that's one thing I can't do for ya.

I would not bring it into Mordor,

I would not make it to the border."

LOTR by Tom Clancy
The å King of the Nazgul (KotN) fingered the safety buckle that secured the shortsword in it's scabbard. It was modeled after the Gladius design, making it wholly inadequate for going up against Elven armour, but it was perfectly suited for being jammed in the collarbone of a Hobbit 'merc, without calling too much attention to it's owner. His XO, "Camel" Khamul had used a similar weapon in numerous CoIN missions in North Gondor, where he had been sent to disrupt "Elrond's" supply fellowships sneaking down the Is-ild-ur trail.

The KotN smiled, even without a head. This mission was almost going to be a mead-run. Taking out a squad of sleeping halflings was going to be easier than slaying Wyvyrns sitting on a tarmac...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home