Sunday, August 29, 2004

I finally caught Singapore Idol today. Still being a Fire Fighter trainee means that i can't be at home during the broadcast(having to stay in camp sucks). Therefore i can't vote for my favourite artiste, which this time around happens to be David Yeo. The quality of Singapore Idol was better than i expected, with the top 3 singers singing well(for my standards at least.) it was an entertaining show, and David Yeo really impressed me. His personality, with the few seconds he had on screen, really shone through. He came off as a guy eager to improve, while having fun on stage. If i could have voted, i would have voted for him. Good thing he got through to the next round.

Now my only gripe about the show is the judges. With the exception of Ken Lim, everyone else doesn't give great comments. Alright... Florence Lian gives good comments every now and then. Dick Lee's comments seem to me to be evil for the sake of it. Its almost never constructive criticism, and its usually vague. He just disses the contestant and that's it. I didn't even get the "you have a long way to go, to malacca" ....????? Douglous O doesn't make sense most of the time. I'll call him the Randy Jackson of Singapore. All he ever says is that he didn't get the song, didn't feel connected to the song, didn't like the song..

Ken Lim is still best. All his criticisms make perfect sense, and usually suggests a way for the contestant to improve. I always agree with this guy. He's the Simon Cowell of Singapore, but less evil.

All in all, Singapore Idol rocks. It just sucks that it'll be over by the time i come out of my fire fighter training in october...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simon Cowell of Singapore?

He pales next to the saucy Simon.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home