Friday, November 07, 2003

Watched Achar yesterday. To **** with the bad reviews. I thought it was the BEST singapore comedy for years. Its not perfect. It has its share of bad jokes with horrid canned laughter(the guy who thought that canned laughter can improve a comedy ought to be SHOT!). The acting may not be world class. But i laughed out loud at almost every scene. Ajay's mom, that First Touch fat indian nurse(name : Malti lalwani), is doing extremely well as the conservative, commanding, demanding indian mother-in-law. And Steph Song looks very cute.... I just hope they continue, and not have a good first episode than go downhill from there like that failure of a comedy Brothers 4.

I was wondering about something. I am rather protective over my little 7yr old sister. I try to keep her from watching 'bad' shows, listening to 'bad' music, etc etc. Then i realised something. I myself watch those shows and listen to that music. What right to i have to stop her? i mean, i can say that i'm 'mature' enough to watch them. but the fact is, the reason i am not letting her watch/listen to those things means that there's something bad about it. And why shoud i put into my brain something that i think would influence my sister badly? whatever goes into my brain stays in my brain. so the next time i try to stop my sister from watching something, i'd better think twice about whether i want to watch it in the first place. What my sis shouldn't watch, i shouldn't watch either. What's bad is bad, regardless of age.

Malaysia has banned books with 'ghostly' tales and those touching on the supernatural. I'm not surprised. Books with will be banned include those on mysticism, fantasy, occultism and superstition. No big deal to me, cos i try to stay away from books/movies like that anyway. but what's interesting is this : titles such as Harry Potter series would not be affected as they are 'benign'. Harry Potter is benign???? i wonder how they decide what is or is not benign. To me, Harry Potter has just as much fantasy/occultism as any other fantasy book. don't know what's the difference still.

A 21-year old policeMAN posed as a schoolgirl in a miniskirt to catch a flasher. What scares me is that he succeeded. The flasher himself said that he didn't know that he was not a she, and flashed him. That man must look VERY feminine to be able to pose as a schoolgirl in a miniskirt and actually carry it off.

Horror of horrors. Simon Cowell likes Britney Spears.

On Monday, the overexposed bombshell had some words of wisdom for singers who come up against the hyper-critical "American Idol" judge. "Everyone has an opinion. Sometimes you're not the greatest in the world," Brit said on British television. "I would take his advice and whatever he said and tell him to shove it!"

That was apparently music to Cowell's ears, who gave the Britster high marks for speaking out. "I've got to be honest with you, the fact that she said that, I sort of like her more," the tight-shirted grump tells Extra. "It makes her more interesting. Britney is now a woman, not a girl. I like that."


Wow. Then again, Simon's got it right once more. Britney has a good combination to sell CDs. Sex and good looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home